English speaking?

ikbenivo

English speaking?

Beitragvon ikbenivo » Mi 19. Nov 2008, 22:50

Where are all the english speaking people? I think this forum would be a lot more interesting if more people could read and understand it (and would post in english!)

Also weird: still no option to set the forum language to english...

michaels

Re: English speaking?

Beitragvon michaels » So 18. Okt 2009, 15:12

Hi All,

I agree with ikbenivo it would useful if the English speaking users/developers got a bit more involved with the forum and helped translate some of the German threads. Who is using webEdition is the UK?

Michael.
London, UK

Zacefron

Beitragvon Zacefron » Fr 6. Jan 2012, 12:38

Hello everyone! this is Zac from Chicago,Illinois (: m a English speaker here :D your right it would be more fun if the forum would be in English language rather than German! so that we could participate here in discussions too ..

Kelseye

Beitragvon Kelseye » Fr 27. Jan 2012, 18:48

I used web edition in UK. I think this forum is really interesting because I understand German and I also reply in English.

mokraemer

Beitragvon mokraemer » Sa 21. Apr 2012, 01:52

I think this is due to the fact that most of the users are germans. and for everyone it is easier to write in their mother tongue, instead of a foreign language.
But I agree to you, it would be much better for a bigger audience to have the main-discussions in english language.
Currently we can't force someone to write english instead of german, but if any of you write a few more posts with questions or suggestions, it would be possible to get the transition.

Even we have very few bug reports in english - I don't think you don't have or have found bugs.
As you are native speakers, someone can help in translations or check for/correct a few misspelled words in WE?
webEdition-Kern-Entwickler

Chefpraktikant

Beitragvon Chefpraktikant » Mo 23. Apr 2012, 18:34

Many people here in this forum have no problem in writing in english.

I suggest you ask your questions in english and someone will help you then. No one will be offended if it is a question that was already answered someday somewhere in german. You might get your answer and maybe even a link to a german post where the problem or a similar problem was tackled for further reference. You then could ask Google Translate for a rough translation ;-)

Would be great to hear more from you guys here on the forum!
Jan
Internetagentur Aysberg • www.aysberg.dewebEdition Partner

Zurück zu „Off-Topic & Smalltalk“