Membership info (member, partner and gold partner)

Michael_S
Membership info (member, partner and gold partner)

Beitragvon Michael_S » Mi 11. Apr 2012, 16:47

Hi All,

I've been wondering about how webEdition is being supported financially and found the 'membership' page on the German speaking website. I think it would be sensible to have this information available on the forum in German and English as I was unaware of the scheme and don't visit the German speaking site very often. It would also be convenient to have a PayPal subscription facility for the membership fee.

Michael.
Production Area
London, UK
http://productionarea.com

mokraemer

Re: Membership info (member, partner and gold partner)

Beitragvon mokraemer » Mi 11. Apr 2012, 21:04

Hi Michael,
our main problem is we don't have enough man-power to maintain everything in parallel. Especially documentation and as you stated the pages of the association supporting webEdition.
Unlike other open-source projects the community supporting the product is still small and most of the members of the association are busy on their own work. Currently we have one employee, all other work is done in spare time, for fun or on needs of a project.
webEdition-Kern-Entwickler

Michael_S
Re: Membership info (member, partner and gold partner)

Beitragvon Michael_S » Mo 16. Apr 2012, 18:06

Hi Mokraemer,

I can appreciate the man-power problems but I think there's a strong argument for a English speaking page to promote the CMS and membership options as well as a PayPal button for convenience. I would be happy to ask my clients for a donation if they were using the CMS commercially.

Kind regards,

Michael.
Production Area
London, UK
http://productionarea.com

Zurück zu „Off-Topic & Smalltalk“