Overview required php versions for WE versions

pms

Overview required php versions for WE versions

Beitragvon pms » Sa 23. Aug 2014, 14:52

Hi,

A few of my WE installations (we 6.1, 6.2) are running on a server where php 5.4 will be updated to php 5.5.
Is there documentation where I can check if these versions will be functional after the php upgrade?

Thanks!

mokraemer

Re: Overview required php versions for WE versions

Beitragvon mokraemer » Sa 23. Aug 2014, 17:03

short answer: they will not.
at least WE 6.1 is not compatible with php > 5.3 - you must have some malfunctions with these versions, since php 5.4 has removed functions (deprecated) that are used in WE <6.3.
If you're installation is not fully UTF-8, WE can also produce some cases where chars are not correct converted, since php 5.4 changed a few functions from 'ISO-8859-1' to 'UFT-8' - we've found this issue in WE 6.3.2 or .3, so it is fixed in 6.3.4.

For the update to 6.3 versions: the new template parser checks for correct tag-closure, so a tag has to be in the xml-conform:
<we:abc/> or <we:abc></we:abc>
it is not supported anymore, to close other tags:
<we:ifabc></we:ifbcd>
will now produce an error (often misused with <we:ifEditmode></we:ifNotEditmode>)!

Theses changes makes the template code much better & btw. the new version is much faster.
webEdition-Kern-Entwickler

pms

Beitragvon pms » Sa 30. Aug 2014, 11:43

Thanks for your reply.
In the last week 7 WE sites where updated to the latest version of WE.

Only one has a problem:
The update was without problem.

But when I open a page to edit, often a frame is not loaded but shows a Internal server error.
If I do a refesh of such a frame, the content is loaded fine.

In the server error log, each of these "Internal server error" shows a message like this:
[Sat Aug 30 11:10:51.677847 2014] [:error] [pid 829049] (12)Cannot allocate memory: [client 188.142.12.11:54420] couldn't create child process: /opt/suphp/sbin/suphp for /home/jachth/public_html/webEdition/we_cmd.php, referer: http://www.website.com/webEdition/we_cm ... ditFrame_2

The provider told me I should have sufficient resources.
max_input_vars =1000, but a backup of this site (on different server) works fine with this limit.

Any advice?

mokraemer

Beitragvon mokraemer » Sa 30. Aug 2014, 16:16

the message says, that your hoster has ran out of memory.
If a process could not be created because of memory, the machine is close to its limit. Do to configuration this limit can also be set by a user-restriction, it doesn't have to be a real hardware issue.
But your provider SHOULD know his system better than me.

pms

Beitragvon pms » Mi 3. Sep 2014, 20:38

The hoster decided to give me one GB extra memory (total 2 GB now) for websites running WE.
Everything works fine now.
Does 2 GB look like a more common configuration for WE?

mokraemer

Beitragvon mokraemer » Mi 3. Sep 2014, 21:47

that is hard to say. Since we are talking about the limit of the server itself and not the limit of the php process.
In most scenarios, the php-process is limited to 30-45MB per process. (depending on what is done in WE each process consumes ~10-15MB.)
Having this limit, the number of connections to your server should be limited to match the maximum ressource usage. Generally speaking 2G don't look bad, but 1G should never be exeeded by normal frequented site.
What is not clear, how much memory is really available to the system and not reserved by other processes (e.g. mysql). If mysql is misconfigured (as any other running application), it may use the whole system memory.

Zurück zu „webEdition Basic Version“