Duplicating an install of WE

makalu

Duplicating an install of WE

Beitragvon makalu » Mo 8. Okt 2012, 09:59

In preparation for a move from Debian Lenny to Squeeze, I have copied an install of WE 6.2.7.0 from a Lenny VM under Xen to a Lenny VM running under KVM. Each server is running under the same base Linux kernel version, 2.6.26, and the KVM VM is as identical to the Xen VM as I can get it in terms of packages etc.

The apache installation on each is identical (I copied the /etc/apache2 directory) and I am accessing the KVM instance with the same URL as the original by using an entry in my local /etc/hosts file. I have a similar entry in the hosts file on the KVM server.

When I load the URL in a browser, I get a page with

<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0; URL=http://my.domain.tld/startseite.php"> and when THAT page is loaded, this is its entire content:

Code: Alles auswählen

<html>

<head>
		<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1">
		<title></title>
	</head>
	<body >
	</body>
</html>
There is nothing in any logs that I can see - the only file under /var which gets written when I fetch a page is the apache access log.

I have checked that the database credentials specified are correct. While checking the DB I observed that there is a table called we_tblerrorlog but it is empty - I suppose error logging isn't turned on.

I am a competent Linux admin, but unfortunately my competence with Linux is exceeded by my ignorance of WE, so I have no idea where to start looking.

Suggestions please?

WBTMagnum
webEdition Partner
webEdition Partner
Re: Duplicating an install of WE

Beitragvon WBTMagnum » Mo 8. Okt 2012, 12:01

Hi makalu,

Some suggestions where to look:
  • What happens if you access the webEdition login page (http://my.domain.tld/webEdition/)? Can you do a rebuild?
  • You said that you verified the DB credentials. Did you verify that connections are possible?
  • Did you check the PHP version and settings?
  • Have you checked the file permissions?
HTH,
Sascha

makalu

Beitragvon makalu » Mo 8. Okt 2012, 12:53

+++ What happens if you access the webEdition login page (http://my.domain.tld/webEdition/)? Can you do a rebuild?

I get a login panel, but I can't login as I don't have the credentials. I can probably get them, but it will take some time. Is it possible to extract them from the database, or more likely, can I easily reset an admin login's password using MySQL? (I can the data before changing it to put it back the way it should be).

From a quick google it seems that the default username and password is admin / admin and I get this on the new server:

mysql> select ID, Username,Password from we_tblwebuser;
+------+---------------------------------------------+------------+
| ID | Username | Password |
+------+---------------------------------------------+------------+
| 1 | admin | admin |
| 2 | customer | customer |

but admin / admin does not let me in (and I REALLY do hope that the user hasn't left the admin credentials at the default)

+++ You said that you verified the DB credentials. Did you verify that connections are possible?

Yes, using the MySQL CLI. Additionally, this server move involves numerous websites, many of which also use the MySQL server - it's only the site using WE which causes problems.

+++ Did you check the PHP version and settings?

The two VMs are as identical as I can make them, given that one is based on Xen and the other on KVM - so this means that package versions of things such as apache, php etc. are identical. Also, I copied php.ini from old to new server.

+++ Have you checked the file permissions?

The document root tree was copied from one server to the other using rsync -a, so all permissions should have been preserved, and looking at listings shows that this seems to be the case.

makalu

Beitragvon makalu » Mo 8. Okt 2012, 13:30

Further note re. DB credentials - although I have verified that the credentials stored in we_conf.inc.php are correct, I just tried changing them so that they were definitely incorrect, and I get the exact same result i.e. a blank page, no error message. So the problem may well somehow be DB related, but I'm not sure how.

makalu

Beitragvon makalu » Mo 8. Okt 2012, 14:00

And the problem has now been resolved :D It was indeed DB related - one thing I had failed to copy from the old to the new VM was the MySQL configuration file which contained inter alia this line

lower_case_table_names = 1

I found the problem by setting WE_ERROR_MAIL to 1 in we_conf_global.inc.php and then I started receiving emails like

Detail: Table 'mysite.we_tblContent' doesn't exist

which was quite correct, although the table mysite.we_tblcontent did exist.

Thanks for the assistance.

Zurück zu „Installation and update“