Transfering Database from MYSQl

pattery

Transfering Database from MYSQl

Beitragvon pattery » Mi 27. Jan 2010, 12:45

Hi everybody,

I am trying to transfer a website to webEdition. I want to transfer the whole database which was previously maintained in MYSQL to webEdition. Is it possible to do so? For eg: I have around 300 publications in my mysql database and I need to transfer it to webEdition. If it is possible to access it as objects then later on I can add the new publications into it. Can anybody suggest a method to do it?
Currently I have uploaded the mysql dump to my phpmyadmin but it is not showing as object. Is there a way to do that??

Awaiting reply,
Pattery

we:willRockYou
Re: Transfering Database from MYSQl

Beitragvon we:willRockYou » Mi 27. Jan 2010, 13:02

Hello Pattery,

well, this is possible, but it ain't easy at all. A single webEdition-Object is stored in multiple tables and the entries refer to each other plus at some points there might be serialized PHP-Arrays inside the tables. So, with some testing and patience you should be able to convert your data and put it into the right places inside the tables structure webEdition is bound to.

Depending on the size and complexity of your publications it might be easier to create these objects manually in webEdition.

The other way around won't work. There's no way to tell webEdition to use your table as source.

Regards,
Daniel

pattery

Beitragvon pattery » Mi 27. Jan 2010, 13:13

Hello Danial,
You mean that, I have to upload each and every publications to webEdition by creating a new class say publication rt? That way I tried and its possible. But its really time consuming.Is there any other way??
Regards,
Pattery

e_herrmann

Beitragvon e_herrmann » Mi 27. Jan 2010, 13:18

Hi,
I think the easiest way is to use the webedition import features. Convert your data to xml or csv and import it to webedition.
So the objects will be created in webedition.
Elko
Elko Herrmann
komplexx | internet.fotografie
web: http://www.komplexx.de

pattery

Beitragvon pattery » Mi 27. Jan 2010, 13:24

Hi,
I have the databae in Excel format can we use it? I imported it but it came in documents. Can we move it to objects?

Pattery

e_herrmann

Beitragvon e_herrmann » Mi 27. Jan 2010, 13:32

You can't move it to objects. But in The import dialog you can choose to import the data as objects. So store your exel file as csv and choose csv-import as objects. Its in the third screen.
Elko Herrmann
komplexx | internet.fotografie
web: http://www.komplexx.de

Zurück zu „DB / Object Module“