we_demo

kubasaw

we_demo

Beitragvon kubasaw » Fr 19. Sep 2014, 13:11

Hi,

I am a new one to the webEdition environment. I would like to know where to get we_demo site and how to install it in my server.

Thanks for any help.

Jacob

blickfang
webEdition Partner
webEdition Partner
Re: we_demo

Beitragvon blickfang » Mo 29. Sep 2014, 09:36

Hi Jacob,

sorry, currently there is no up-to-date test Installation for webEdition. WebEdition is more like a framework to build your own templates using the webEdition tags. This can be different for each developer. in webEdition you will find a tag reference where the tags are explained. Also there is a webEdition Book available (only german) http://www.webedition-buch.de/ with some good code examples.

Bye
Timo
webEdition Partner - https://www.blickfang-media.com
Ehemals im Vorstand des webEdition e.V.

kubasaw

Beitragvon kubasaw » Di 25. Nov 2014, 04:04

Hi Timo,

I am sorry to answer you so late.

Thank you for the informations about demo site. As a matter of fact, the demo site is still available, but… When I try to install the weExport_we_demo-2.xml (still available form webEdition archives) using the back-up procedure, the site installs well (all files, folders, etc), but I have no use of any of the site files. All I get as a preview is a string of characters. If you have any hints about how to resolve this issue, I will be very grateful.

By the way, I have tries the webackup_webuch-demosite_2012_11_21.xml.gz.xml. It installs well, but… (another one). The site hijacks my original credentials I use to log in to the webEdition. I presume that the admin's password comes with the book. Since I don't read German, I will not buy that book. Maybe you know the magic word that opens the webEdition after installing the webackup_webuch-demosite. If not what ? Change the password directly in the data base provided that I save the encoded version of the original one (encoded, from the db) ?

Truly,

Jacob

blickfang
webEdition Partner
webEdition Partner

Beitragvon blickfang » Di 25. Nov 2014, 09:38

Hi Jacob,

have you tried admin/admin to log in?
I think the demo backup from the archive is not working any more because of too many changes in the newer webEdition versions. But the community is already working to get run a new demo version - but I do not know the final release date...
Timo
webEdition Partner - https://www.blickfang-media.com
Ehemals im Vorstand des webEdition e.V.

kubasaw

Beitragvon kubasaw » Do 27. Nov 2014, 15:58

Hi Timo,

Thank you once again for your interest in my problems with webEdition demo and for your kind answers.

Finally, I have found a solution to log in to the webEdition after importing the demo site available from the buch website. Since I have two virtual servers in my computer, I have installed the webEdition on both of them, with two separated data bases. Having imported the demo site to one of my webEditions, I had lost the access again, so I have replaced the table with demo created credentials with the table from the second database.

It works. Sure, I have lost user groups, fake users and readers which come with the backup, but well, I need the demo site as a reference for a better understanding of the logic of working with webEdition.

Thank you one again.
Best regards,

Zurück zu „webEdition Basic Version“