Simple help needed with menu item

jdjmedia

Simple help needed with menu item

Beitragvon jdjmedia » Do 30. Nov 2017, 22:55

I have been tasked with making a change to a customers website that uses webEdition 6.4.3.0 and I have zero knowledge of this product. I have been able to make some changes but have gotten stuck.

At this location http://www.datasatdigital.com/contact-us/ you can see there is a slide-down menu that shows COMPANY, THE TEAM, COMMUNITY, IN CINEMAS NOW!.

I can't for the life of me find where to edit the items under that menu. I am not sure if this is enough information for someone to help but I would be very great-full for any assistance.

Thank you in advance.

mokraemer

Re: Simple help needed with menu item

Beitragvon mokraemer » Fr 1. Dez 2017, 16:16

In general it is not easy to give you the right instructions. It depends how this is implemented. But if it is done the intended way, you can find the "Navigation" in the menu "Modules". I assume there is an entry called "main menu" or anything like this, which is the root of the menu shown.

Since WE gives you many possibilities on implementing a specific feature, like the menu, another implementation might have been chosen.
webEdition-Kern-Entwickler

jdjmedia

Beitragvon jdjmedia » Mi 6. Dez 2017, 07:18

It seems there are no menus there.

Is it possible I could hire someone from here to do this simple change?

WBTMagnum
webEdition Partner
webEdition Partner

Beitragvon WBTMagnum » Mi 6. Dez 2017, 10:33

Hey,

Sure! There is the webEdition partner search on the website. Or you reach out on the forums directly to someone.

Another possibility: The menu could be implemented via an include. Just have a look in the directory tree if there is an includes folder. With some luck there's a navigation or menu include that allows you to edit the menu.

HTH,
Sascha

alaskana
webEdition Partner
webEdition Partner

Beitragvon alaskana » Mi 6. Dez 2017, 16:43

Another possibility would be that you use the search in the backend and search all templates for

Code: Alles auswählen

id="subnav"
. Hope, this helps.

jdjmedia

Beitragvon jdjmedia » Do 7. Dez 2017, 09:49

I am still unable to find this menu.

Anyone that is interested in helping me with this please let me know. I am sure this will take about 1 minute for someone that knows what they are doing. I am willing to pay for this.

Thank you.

Zurück zu „webEdition Basic Version“